What is Email Marketing? Basically, the use of email marketing is to promote products and / or services. However, a better definition of Email Marketing is the use of email to develop relationships with potential customers and / or clients. Email Marketing is one of the internet marketing channels, which includes online marketing through websites, social media, blogs, etc. It’s basically the same as advertising by mail, except that instead of sending an email via postal service, messages are sent electronically via email. Most of the spam e-mails that we can offer blindly, and that is the worst example of an Email Marketing effort; namely a series of emails sent without careful consideration. In fact, the right email marketing can bring huge profits to businesses. Here are some reasons why you should use email marketing for your business, and why you should use email marketing as an additional weapon for your business.
Email Marketing Can Be Personalized
Through email marketing, you can target specific customer segments and even individuals. Offering individual customer special offers with goods and / or services on a customer’s birthday, for example, is one example of personalized Email Marketing. (A restaurant might send an email to customers on their birthday, offering a 50% discount on certain meals). Email Marketing helps businesses develop and maintain customer relationships over time which are expected to result in increased sales and increased customer loyalty. Email Marketing best practices you can do start from developing your own email list, not buying email lists from other people, and creating opt-ins on web pages, so that the email list you have is people who are interested in your business from the start . Emails should also be optimized for mobile use because according to statistics, more than half of all emails are opened on mobile devices. read how to segment your email here
Cheap and Easy
The two big advantages of email marketing are low cost and ease of use. Sending email is an inexpensive way to advertise your company and its products and / or services compared to many other types of marketing. You can also very easily set up and track all the Email Marketing campaigns that you run, making it a very easy type of marketing to do even for small businesses. You can also send a newsletter to an email list that you create, of people providing the required information on your website, for example, providing potential customers with new information about your business, events in time, and / or special offers. Also, of course, remind them that your business has a new product and maybe it’s time for another visit.
Email Marketing Is Still Relevant
In an age where the use of social media for advertising is increasing, email marketing still reigns supreme, according to research conducted by HostPapa:
- 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media
- 75% of adult online users say Email Marketing is their preferred marketing method
- the email “opt-in” feature allows consent-based marketing
- Email Marketing allows targeting by demographics (age, income, etc.)
- Email messages have a wider range of possible formats than social media messages
- email offers more reporting and analytical capabilities, such as click-through rate, open rate, bounce rate and conversions
The big advantage of email over social media is that your prospects and customers are more likely to see email than social media. Just posting something on social media doesn’t mean that every one of your followers will see it. Your posts may not even appear on your target social media timeline. However, an email will remain in the inbox until it is read (or until it is deleted). Ideally, Email Marketing should go hand in hand with social media. Adding social media “Like” or “Share” buttons to your marketing emails provides additional ways for customers to connect with your brand. A snippet of positive reviews from social media fans can be included in the email, and conversely, social media posts can be used to encourage fans to subscribe to your email newsletter. Email Marketing can increase your income substantially if you do it right. This is a great way to get people to visit and / or revisit your website or blog, and more targeted traffic usually equals more income. By the way, what are the right tips for running email marketing?
Email Marketing Tips
1) Create your own email list. We’ve mentioned this before, but let us make it clear one more time: buying an email list is a waste of time. If you send an email that is not expected, your email will not be read, only moved to the trash. In fact, it was reported as spam.
2) Practice correct and honest email delivery. This includes writing a subject that matches the content of the letter, providing an unsubscribe method at the bottom of the email, and writing your name and address at the end of the email.
3) Don’t just post product advertisements. This happens a lot; when no product is offered, no email is sent. As you approach product releases, send out emails almost every day. Use your email to build relationships with customers by sharing your expertise or others, giving them tips and tricks they can use. Share information that will allow them to know more about you and / or your company if it is interesting.
4) Treat your email subscribers well. Remember that the person who provided their email address means they have trusted you with their data; and they deserve respect. Just as you deserve the opportunity to convert them from customers to fans of your brand, people who want to talk about your brand and want to spread your product deserve to be treated in a kind way.
5) Stick to the schedule if you intend to send out the newsletter regularly. Sending emails on any given day can help your subscribers know what to expect from you and when. So, those were tips about email marketing, and why you should use email marketing for business. I hope this helps!